Garex Garage Door Maintenance:
FOR DOOR SURFACE MAINTENANCE:
- Wash the door at least once a year with mild soap and a car brush to maintain its appearance;
- Avoid using powerful cleansers that could damage the paint finish;
- It is recommended to apply a car wax coating on your Garex garage door for a nice shine and an easier cleaning surface.
FOR DOOR JAMB AND IN-BETWEEN PANEL WEATHERSTRIPS:
- Wash them with mild soap to preserve their appearance and flexibility;
- Apply a silicone-based lubricant on the weatherstrips about twice a year;
Caution: Do NOT use an oil-based lubricant.
FOR THE HARDWARE:
- Lubricate all moving parts with motor oil (ex. 10W -30) twice a year: rollers, hinges, pulleys, springs and the locking mechanism;
- Inspect for soundness all the hinges, rollers, bolts and track supports;
- If you notice anything unusual, immediately contact a Garex specialist in garage door maintenance and installation.
FOR ELECTRICAL OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Inspect the Garex garage door operating system every three months;
- Open and close the door by hand. A properly balanced garage door will open and close easily. If the door is unbalanced or hard to open, immediately contact a Garex garage door installation technician;
- Check the safety device (sensor edge along the bottom of the door). The garage door should reverse its movement automatically if an object or a person is located in the path of the door. If something seems amiss, immediately contact a Garex garage door installation technician.
It is important to conduct the recommended maintenance to ensure a smooth operation of your Garex garage door for many years. You can also hire a qualified Garex installation technician to conduct the yearly maintenance.
To avoid injury, do not attempt to carry out springs, hinges and lifting cables adjustments by yourself. Consult instead a Garex installation technician.