FOR DOOR SURFACE MAINTENANCE:
- Wash the door at least once a year with mild soap and a car brush;
- Avoid powerful cleansers which could damage the paint finish;
- It is recommended to apply a car wax coating on your door for a nice shine finish and an easier cleaning surface.
FOR DOOR JAMB AND IN-BETWEEN PANEL WEATHERSTRIPS:
- Wash them with mild soap to preserve their appearance and flexibility;
- Apply a silicone-based lubricant on the weatherstrips about twice a year;
Caution: Do NOT use an oil-based lubricant.
FOR THE HARDWARE:
- Lubricate all moving parts with motor oil (ex. 10W -30) twice a
year: rollers, hinges, pulleys, springs and the locking mechanism;
- Inspect for soundness all the hinges, rollers, bolts and track supports;
- If you notice anything unusual, immediately contact a specialist in garage door maintenance and installation.
FOR ELECTRICAL OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Inspect the garage door operating system every three months;
- Open and close the door by hand. A properly balanced garage door
will open and close easily. If the door is unbalanced or hard to open,
immediately contact a garage door installation technician;
- Check the safety device (sensor edge along the bottom of the door).
The garage door should reverse its movement automatically if an object
or a person is located in the path of the door. If something seems
amiss, immediately contact a garage door installation technician.
It is important to conduct the recommended maintenance to ensure a
smooth operation of your garage door for many years. You can also hire a
qualified installation technician to conduct the yearly maintenance.
To avoid injury, do not attempt to carry out springs, hinges and
lifting cables adjustments by your self. Consult instead a Garex